The Army Strategic Planning Guidance Essays
● provide modernized and ready, tailored land force capabilities to meet combatant commanders’ requirements across the range of military operations;
● develop leaders to meet the challenges of the 21st century;
● adapt the Army to more effectively provide land power; and
● enhance the all-volunteer Army.
1. Which imperative is the most important and why? Give an example of something that the Army could do to enhance capabilities in that domain.
The most important domain that forms the basis of the Army Strategic Planning Guidance (ASPG)is to provide a modernized and ready, tailored land force capability to meet combatant commanders’ requirements across the range of military operations for multiple reasons. First, the Army’s strategy requires ready land forces capable of operating as a part of a joint team sufficient in scale for an undetermined duration. This strategy about force structure and equipment that is made years before it is executed is the most vital because the cost of being wrong is measured in lives. Additionally, this threat continues to evolve and U.S. forces must evolve with that threat.