Techniques Used And Evaluating The Process Of How I Reached The Final Node
In my essay, I will be reflecting on the techniques used, and evaluating the process of how I reached the final node in my hypertext, the choices I made and why.
To initiate my journey, I began browsing through different pictures of “creepy girl(s) in a forest” [my italics]. George Eliot indicates,
“Man cannot do without the make-believe of a beginning.” Beginnings, it turns out, can be quite unusual, complex, and deceptive. (Richardson, 2009).
So I felt the opening needed to stand out by creating something bold, capturing the tone set within the hypertext, and I believe that with the opening image chosen, my desire of effect was achieved.
The conception of my story came from a GIF file of a girl running. This was always going to be part of a dream. I did not, however know, at the time the way in which the dream would go, or if she was having hypnopompic episodes (not knowing if she was awake or asleep),  and then be woken in a state of paradox, by where paranormal illusions would torment and challenge her in the house she lived.
Initially, I wanted all dark and eerie but eventually came to the conclusion that I needed a happy resolution with colour. Originally I had decided that most of the hypertext would be in black and white, whilst being restricted to a 500-word count, I was unsure I could conform to this.
Upon finding my opening image I continued my search looking for dark material and came across a black and white photo of two children wearing…