Technical Paper and Seminar Report
Security Issues in MANETs
problems of secuirity in MANETs. Further sections deals with some of the solutions to these problems. Finally Section 10 concludes this article.
Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANET) has become an exciting and important technology in recent years because of the rapid proliferation of wireless devices. A mobile adhoc network consists of mobile nodes that can move freely in an open environment. Communicating nodes in a Mobile Adhoc Network usually seek the help of other intermediate nodes to establish communication channels. In such an environment, malicious intermediate nodes can be a threat to the security of conversation between mobile …show more content…
• Dynamic network topology.
MANETS are more vulnerable to attacks than wired
• Frequent routing updates. networks due to open medium, dynamically changing network topology, cooperative algorithms, lack of centralized monitoring and lack of clear line of defense.
2.2 Advantages and Applications
Security is a process that is as secure as its weakest link. So, in order to make MANETs secure, all its The following are the advantages of MANETs: weak points are to be identiﬁed and solutions to make
• They provide access to information and services all those weak points safe, are to be considered. Some regardless of geographic position. of the weak points and solutions to strengthen them are
• These networks can be set up at any place and considered in this article. However the list is possibly time. incomplete, and some more weak points of MANETs are likely to be discovered in near future. So Security issues in MANETs will remain a potential research area Some of the applications of MANETs are in near future.
• Military or police exercises.
The rest of the paper is organized as follows. Section 2 will illustrate about MANETs. Section 4 will raise the
• Disaster relief operations.
• Mine cite operations.
• Urgent Business meetings.
Dynamic Source Routing (DSR) uses