Tata Organizational Analysis
Therefore, it is about the contextual background that represents the national or regional context of the analysis and the geographical, social, cultural, religious and other environmental and contextual factors.
I choose one of the biggest and oldest companies in my country India, THE TATA GROUP OF COMPANIES. …show more content…
Tata Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It was founded in 1868 by Jamsetji Tata and gained international recognition after purchasing several global companies. It is one of India's largest conglomerates and is owned by "Tata Sons", a charity registered with the Charity Commissioner in India.
Each Tata company or enterprise operates independently under the guidance and supervision of its own board of directors and shareholders.
According to TATA GROUP (2017), there are 30 publicly listed Tata enterprises with a combined market capitalization of about $145 billion as of November 2017. Tata companies with significant scale include Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Power, Tata Chemicals, Tata Global Beverages, Tata Teleservices, Titan, Tata Communications and Taj Hotels. The Tata Group of Companies is 149 years old and is associated with different sectors -
• …show more content…
2.1: Companies with TATA name
Subsidiary companies of the Tata Group and joint ventures using 'TATA' in their names include:
• Tata AIA — insurance based joint-venture company with AIA Group.
• Tata Auto Comp Systems - India's leading automotive components conglomerate
• Tata Capital — an owned subsidiary of Tata Sons Limited, the apex holding company of the Tata Group.
• Tata Communications (aka Tata VSNL} — a communication company
• Tata Consulting Engineers Limited (aka TCE Consulting Engineers Ltd) engineering, design, and consulting firm for diverse types of infrastructure and industrial developments. Specialize in power/energy sector.
• Tata Consultancy Services — Asia's largest IT company and world's largest software and services company
• Tata DoCoMo — a GSM-based mobile company with alliance with NTT DoCoMo
• Tata Chemicals
• Tata Steel
• Tata Motors
• Tata Power
• Tata Defence
• Tata Elxsi — a Tata IT company.
• Tata Global Beverages,
2.2: Subsidiaries without TATA name.
Subsidiary companies of the Tata Group and joint ventures without 'TATA' used in their names