Task 1c Implementation Plan Essay
• Formally assign ownership of field level IT Business Continuity initiatives to IT division CIO’s with an indirect ownership to IT Business Continuity to assure comprehensiveness of division level Business Continuity program requirements.
• Provide the necessary resources and subject matter experts in the field of business continuity for each of the organization’s operational groups.
• Mandate, define, develop, and implement the processes necessary to conduct a comprehensive risk assessment necessary to identify and define the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the decentralized information system infrastructure components, as similarly conducted for the Regional Data …show more content…
• Provide the means, through recovery strategies, to periodically test disaster recovery strategies, plans and procedures for high impact systems.
• Integrate field level risk management and field level IT Business Continuity initiatives with enterprise risk management and corporate based IT&S Business Continuity components, to provide a more holistic environment from which risk management and continuity initiatives can move forward for the organization as a whole.
Throughout the implementation of the business contingency plan, the testing process for the disaster recovery site will occur twice annually, throughout the build process and on a continual basis following the completion of the implementation. Due to the sensitivity of the data, the hospital corporation’s staff will handle all testing and support, physically and logically. This will ensure the plan being implemented is an effective strategy for disaster recovery. Every facet of data recovery and replication will be addressed to ensure a long-term plan is in place and tested, in anticipation of a disaster, in an effort to ensure that patient care is unaffected in the event of a disaster. While maintaining the