Research Paper On Sickle Cell Anemia
Indiana State University
The aim of this paper is to help individuals who do not understand or want to better their knowledge in Sickle Cell Anemia (SCA). SCA is commonly referred to as Sickle Cell Disease or SDA. The area of target is a general overview of that SCA, along with the various amounts of complications that can arise when someone has the disease. The paper will go over some of the more life threatening conditions as well as showing signs, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and lastly prognosis. Many resources were used when compiling evidence for the paper.
Sickle Cell Anemia or Sickle Cell Disease
Sickle Cell Disease is a life long illness …show more content…
Data & Statistics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/data.html. Published 2016. Accessed November 12, 2016.
4. How Is Sickle Cell Disease Treated? - NHLBI, NIH. U.S National Library of Medicine. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sca/treatment. Accessed November 12, 2016.
5. O 'Connor DP, Fincher AL. Clinical Pathology for Athletic Trainers: Recognizing Systemic Disease. Thorofare, NJ: SLACK Incorporated; 2015.
6. Sickle cell anemia. Tests and diagnosis. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sickle-cell-anemia/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20019348. Accessed November 12, 2016.
7. Press D. Management of sickle cell disease: challenges and risks of transfusion | IJCTM. Management of sickle cell disease: challenges and risks of transfusion | IJCTM. https://www.dovepress.com/management-of-sickle-cell-disease-challenges-and-risks-of-transfusion-peer-reviewed-article-ijctm. Accessed November 12, 2016.
8. Sickle Cell Research: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment and Recent Developments | NIH MedlinePlus the Magazine. Sickle Cell Research: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment and Recent Developments | NIH MedlinePlus the Magazine. https://medlineplus.gov/magazine/issues/winter11/articles/winter11pg18.html. Accessed November 12,