• We did survey about the awareness of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, 90 % people were having awareness about it. This includes the school going children, females and males of households of various communities of the village. People were aware about the Rs12,000 being paid by the government and also about keeping the environment clean
• Few people were satisfied with the government idea of keeping environment clean. But few had complains such as lack of water facilities, high cost of building toilet and non-transfer of money in their accounts on time. Few of the Scheduled Caste had complaint that the surroundings of their area was dirty while of the higher caste such as Thakurs were clean
• Number of Toilets constructed …show more content…
Most of them said that they don’t have toilets or don’t have proper water facility. Also many claim that they didn't know the various diseases and problems that can be caused due to Open Defecation.
• There were no Dustbins in the village. The garbage was piled up at various places and there was no mechanism to clean it up.
• Both solid and liquid waste management was not in good condition. Drainage system was open and choked at various points due to lack of cleaning.
• Communities were aware of the importance of Swachh Bharat but had some resistance towards using toilets as they didn't have proper water facilities. Some blamed the authorities for not cleaning the surroundings regularly, while few were blaming themselves for lack of community participation in keeping the environment clean
• Suggestions by the Village Communities
◦ Proper Water Facility should be provided
◦ Regular cleaning need to be done for the surrounding
◦ Money paid by the government should reach on time
◦ Proper Equipment’s need to be provided to the people who clean the toilets
• Our suggestions –
◦ Constructing a drainage line
◦ Swachh Vidyalaya
• BEFORE AFTER
Chapter 10 – Miscellaneous Issues, if any - …show more content…
Many families economic condition is drastically improve after their children got good job in government and private sectors. It is only possible due to their parents focus on their childrens education. As there is limited landholding with the people as there is no much scope for trade and business, education is only way out for them to improve their financial situation.
Early Adopter Some families of Parmar’s community, who had small landholding, were early adopter. As they send their children to cities for education by taking loan from moneylenders. They sacrifice a lot for their children education. Their hard work pays off, and their children got good government job. This leads to sudden change in their financial status. This acts as inspiration for many other in village.
Although people are very much concern about education but still the quality of education in village is not upto the mark. The main reason behind this is poverty. Many children are not able to focus on education as they also have to work in field to support their family. They do not have resource to send their children to cities for higher education. This result in only few of them, come out and complete their education and get decent job. Distance from the tehsil is also a hurdle in the getting good