Summarise The Importance Of Equal Opportunity And Anti Discrimination Essay
Our vision for equality and diversity is to work to:
• a common vision and shared values
• improve the quality of life for all by reducing inequalities
• tackle discrimination
• build strong cohesive …show more content…
Why is it important to have a policy?
It is necessary to ensure that everyone in an organisation is aware of the expectations within that organisation. So it is a framework or a set of guidelines that is the norm within that organisation.
It sets the standard of expectations. Every worker within an organisation should receive an induction to equality and diversity and receive regular training to update their knowledge and understanding of what it means and how it applies to them plus the client or service user.
So the BACP says
“Our aims are to be supportive, fair, just and free from discrimination. In line with these objectives, we will challenge discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, age, disability, sexuality and faith; actively promote Equality and Diversity; and ensure that the legislation and policy requirements within the six strands of Equality and Diversity are implemented into all our working practices”
It is a working document that should be adhered to and used in the practice of counselling plus support workers also need to uphold and work to the …show more content…
As part of our interaction with our staff, members, member institutions and suppliers, we will endeavour to be pro-active and monitor progress made towards meeting our objectives to:
• Encourage diversity and eliminate unfair treatment and discrimination through a full range of human resource and contracting policies and procedures. This applies not just to areas of internal recruitment, training and development and promotion, but also in monitoring adherence to the equality and diversity legislation and promoting the same to our suppliers and contractors.
• Recognise that staff have rights as employees to work in a supportive, safe and harassment-free environment and that staff have individual and collective responsibility to value and respect each other's contributions.”
Thereby it is as I say a process that is continually endorsed and monitored and any digression or variance from the policy is challenged.
It is designed to create a good and fair working environment for all the staff and all the clients using the service. It is creating a common goal and encouraging good practice and celebrating