Sri Lankan Airlines Swot Analysis
List of Figure
List of Tables
1.0 Critically demonstration of relevant knowledge/understanding of the current position of the brand 1.1 Introduction
Founded in 1947 as Air Ceylon, Sri Lankan Airlines is the national airline in Sri Lanka. It’s based at the Bandaranaike International. Sri Lankan Airline is a member of IATA and ICAO, flying over 34 destinations around the world and it is managed by the Sri Lankan government. The airline has a strong geographical presence in Asia and Europe.
From its inception in 1947, Sri Lankan airline has come a long way. It has diversified and expands their offerings to many additional areas as mentioned below.
1. Online air ticket reservation
2. Bundling holiday packages …show more content…
“To be the most preferred airline in Asia”
The mission of Sri Lankan is as below.
“We are in the air transportation business. We provide our customers with a reliable and pleasant travel experience. We provide our business partners with a variety of innovative, professional and mutually profitable services. We meet Shareholder expectations of profitably marketing Sri Lanka and contributing towards the well-being of Society. We are a competent, proactive and diligent team. Our contribution is recognized and rewarded.”
Below are a list of recent airline related awards and accolades SriLankan has accumulated.
• Silver award in the Government-Owned Business category at the National HRM Awards 2012
• International Aviation Academy named as one of the ‘Top Ten’ Training Centers in South Asia by IATA
• ISO 9001:2008 certification for Quality Management Systems in Software Development
• ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certification for its Information Security Management Systems
• Best Airline Operator from South Asia at Kuala Lumpur International …show more content…
Please note that the
• The Group’s Revenue for the year 2011/12 was Rs. 92,257.04 million, compared to Rs. 78,515.24 million in 2010/11, an increase of 18%.
• Operating Expenditure was Rs.109,177 million, compared to the previous year’s Rs. 81,569.55 million, an increase of 34%.
• The Loss Before Tax increased to Rs. 17,161.04 million, from the loss of Rs. 176.74 million during 2010/11.
• The Net Loss After Tax was Rs. 17,171.99 million, compared to the net loss of Rs. 202.32 million in 2010/11.
• Total Passenger Revenue increased by 20% to Rs. 72,620.39 million.
• Revenue Passenger Kilometers (RPK) totaled 11,270.23 RPK millions, compared to 9,584.02 RPK millions during the previous year.
Overall Seat Factor during 2011/12 was 79.10% from the 76.79% of the previous year.
• The Airline carried 3.46 million passengers in 2011/12, which was an increase of 21% from 2.87 million in the previous year.
• Overall Capacity increased to 1,978.33 million Available Tonne Kilometres (ATK), from 1,755.23 million in