• Describe the agency or organization with whom he/she works and the types of services provided? o Family Preservation Services offers a wide variety of different services to help face issues within the community. Mrs. Valera works in their school based service program. Mrs. Valera and her counselors work with children who have emotional and behavioral issues that keep them from being succssesful in a school environment. Some examples of these issues are ADHD and Oppositional Defiant …show more content…
• What is the mission of the agency? o The mission statement of this agency is “ We deliver exceptional value by creating healthy communities through exceptional people working side by side.”.
• What are the major responsibilities of the social worker? o Mrs. Valeras major responsibilities are suprising her counselors, working with the staff at the schools, adminstrative assesments, history snap shots for potential clients, and sending in service request for authorization of treatment to medicaid. History snap shots are when she goes over factors in the life of potential clients such as home life, how the child behaves in school, and medical issues.
• What skills, education, training are required in this position? o The education required for this postion is a MSW as well as being LCSW certified. Skills that are important for this job is the ability to communicate well with others, being organized, and to be empathetic towards the clients and their families.
• What advice would he/she give you as a student preparing for social work …show more content…
Valera does feel like she is making a difference in the lives of the children that she and her counselors work with. She knows that she is making a difference because she sees how much progress the children make.
• How does the social worker interact with co-workers and supervisors? o Mrs. Valera stated the her working relationships with her co-workers are very close and that they help each other to succeede when it comes to their clients. She also mentioned that they have respect for each other. She said the her relationship with her supervisor a good one that her supervisor gives guidiance that helps her to meet the expectations of her job.
• Describe the partnerships, relationships the social worker has with other community agencies and/or legislators. o Mrs. Valera mentioned that they do not have any offical partnerships with other community agencies. However, if there is a need to share information with a outside source such as clients Psychiatrist then they have relsea of information forms that can be filled out.
• What types of ethical dilemmas are faced and how are they