AIMS AND OBJECTIVES-
1. To find out Shalakya Tantra related topics in Charak …show more content…
Symptoms and treatment of Shiroroga, Pratishyaya, Dushta Pratishyaya, Kshawathu, Nasa Pratinaha, Putinasya, Nasikapaka, Nasarbuda, Nasarunsika, Mukharoga, Kantharoga, Netraroga, Talushosha, Vidalaka as a treatment part in Netra roga and treatment of Swarbheda are described in chikitsasthana chapter no.26.
SHALAKYATANTRA RELATED TOPICS IN CHARAK SAMHITA IN SIDDHI STHANA-
1. Ayoga, Atiyoga and Samyakyoga of Shirovirechana are described in Siddhisthana chapter no.1.
2. Indication and contraindication of Shirovirechana are described in Siddhisthana chapter no.2.
3. Symptoms and treatment of Shirah shoola due to Bastivyapat is described in Siddhisthana chapter no.7.
4. Symptoms and treatment of Shankhak, Ardhawabhedaka, Suryawarta and Anantavata, Nasya Karma in Shirorogas, types of Nasya Karma, method of Shirovirechana, Nasya, Pratimarsha Nasya, Nasya karma in pregnant lady, method of Dhoompana and aetiology of Timira roga (a type of diminution of vision) are described in Siddhisthanachapterno.9.
1. There is twenty topics related to Shalakya Tantra is present in Charak Samhita Sutrasthana.
2. There is one topic related to Shalakya Tantra is present in Charak Samhita Nidansthana.
3. There is two topics related to Shalakya Tantra is present in Charak Samhita …show more content…
Some diseases as prodromal symptoms are described in Charak Samhita Nidansthana.
8. Shirovirechana drugs and Karma is described in Charak Smhita Vimansthana.
9. Anatomical structures related to Shalakya Tantra are mentioned in Charak Samhita Sharirsthana.
10. Arishta Lakshanas related to Shalakya Tantra are mentioned in Charak Samhita Indriyasthana.
11. Specific drugs or formulations for specific diseases are mentioned in Charak Samhita Chikitsasthana.
12. Surgical works related to Shalakya Tantra are mentioned in Charak Samhita Chikitsasthana.
13. Some diseases and their symptoms are mentioned in Charak Samhita Chikitsasthana.
14. Shirovirechana Karma, indications, contraindications and its complications is mentioned in Charak Samhita Siddhisthana.
1. After going through all the topics related to Charak Samhita we can say that Shalakya Tantra is an important Anga (part) of Ashtang Ayurved.
2. Charak also described first treatment for Uttamang chikitsa its mean being the primary treatise for Kayachikitsa he knows the importance of Shalakya Tantra.
3. Charaka Samhita is first treatise who first explained Shira (head) as Uttamanga.
4. Shalkya Tantra in Charak Samhita is in scattered