Most Popular Agile Methodology: Why Use Scrum Body Of Knowledge
According to Scrum Body of Knowledge or SBOK (SCRUMstudy, 2016):
Scrum is one of the most popular Agile methodologies. It is an adaptive, iterative, fast, flexible, and effective methodology designed to deliver significant value quickly and throughout a project. Scrum ensures transparency in communication and creates an environment of collective accountability and continuous progress. The Scrum framework, as defined in the SBOK Guide, is structured in such a way that it supports product and service development in all types of industries and in any type of project, irrespective of its complexity.
As one of many agile methodology, Scrum is designed to address many of the shortcoming of traditional system development …show more content…
4) provide a very comprehensive of the benefits of using Scrum in any project, as shown below:
1. Adaptability—Empirical process control and iterative delivery make projects adaptable and open to incorporating change.
2. Transparency—All information radiators like a Scrumboard and Sprint Burndown Chart are shared, leading to an open work environment.
3. Continuous Feedback—Continuous feedback is provided through the Conduct Daily Stand-up, and Demonstrate and Validate Sprint processes.
4. Continuous Improvement—The deliverables are improved progressively Sprint by Sprint, through the Groom Prioritized Product Backlog process.
5. Continuous Delivery of Value—Iterative processes enable the continuous delivery of value through the Ship Deliverables process as frequently as the customer requires.
6. Sustainable Pace—Scrum processes are designed such that the people involved can work at a sustainable pace that they can, in theory, continue indefinitely.
7. Early Delivery of High Value—The Create Prioritized Product Backlog process ensures that the highest value requirements of the customer are satisfied