Rubber Band Safety Essay
Table 1.1 Indicating the safety precautions taken throughout the experiment.
Risk Assessment Risk Management
Rubber Bands- Possible eye Injury Safety goggles were worn in case of rubber band making contact with eye area.
Rubber Bands- Possible skin Injury All spectators were situated out of the way of the immediate danger, to avoid being hit with rubber bands.
Rulers- Possible tripping over Rulers were placed on tables when not in use and were carried adjacent to the body when being transported to avoid tripping over them.
Rulers- Possible hitting someone with then Rulers were carried adjacent to the body when being transported to avoid hitting someone and handled appropriately.
Weights- Possible injury if dropped Weights were handled …show more content…
A results table was drawn up.
2. Safety gear was adorned.
3. The materials were collected and brought to the experiment space.
4. The small rubber band was placed in the clamp of the retort stand.
5. The length of the rubber band was measured.
6. The weight stand was placed onto the rubber band and the length of the rubber band was measured.
7. A 0.050kg weight was added on to the weight stand and the length of the rubber band was measured.
8. Step 7 was repeated 3 more times.
9. Step 4-8 were repeated substituting the small rubber band for the medium rubber band.
10. Step 4-8 were repeated substituting the small rubber band for the green rubber band.
11. Step 4-8 were repeated substituting the small rubber band for the large rubber band.
12. The results were recorded in the results table.
13. The equipment was placed away.
14. Another results table was drawn up.
15. The small rubber band was placed onto the end of the ruler.
16. The small rubber band was stretched 0.05m from where it rested and released. At the same time the rubber band was released the stopwatch started timing and when the rubber band landed the stopwatch was stopped.
17. Chalk was used to mark the position of the rubber band, from the closest point to the launch