Risk Factors That Affect A Child Essay
• Sexual victimization
• Emotionally unsupportive family environment
• Low self-esteem (physical abuse)
These risk factors would negatively impact a child through the substantial distress the child may be going through and the wide range of psychological indicators that the child may also be experiencing, both short-term and long-term.
2. How did a teacher(s) act as a protective factor in Johnnetta 's life?
• Her professors gave her the encouragement she needed to succeed in school. They gave her what she required, as far as offering her great advice; making her understand that she had the ability to do well. They also guided and mentored her throughout her entire educational career.
3. Why did Sonya not cope? What went wrong for her? Did she have protective factors?
• Sonya did not cope because she never faced what happened to her during childhood. She chose drugs as coping mechanism to suppress all the physical, sexual, and emotional abuse she experienced as a child. Sonya did not have any protective factors.
4. What would you have done for Johnnetta?
• I felt like someone should have noticed that Johnnetta and sister was being abused as a child. If I could have done anything for Johnnetta it would have been to let her know that she deserved to grow up healthy and safe, and that I would protect her. I would have let her known that she had someone who cared…