Riordan Inventory and Manufacturing Process Improvement Business Requirements
Service Request SR-rm-001 has been requested by COO Hugh McCauley of Riordan Manufacturing. McCauley has asked that Team D suggest specific systems changes that would improve their inventory or manufacturing processes. Riordan would like to use computer system utilization so that they may become more efficient. Our Team has been asked to create business requirements for system upgrades and improvements for either IT or IS consultants use.
During review of the Riordan Manufacturing Companies Inventory and manufacturing processes, we have found areas that are in need of improvement. We will discuss the present processes and how these can be changed to improve …show more content…
2. An employee ID will be entered into the inventory PDA to activate it for raw material inventory removal.
3. Raw material quantities will be marked as removed on the PDA by the employee.
a. The PDA will capture the employee ID, timestamp, material and quantity removed from inventory.
b. The inventory will be updated automatically.
4. The manufacturing crew may take the raw materials for processing.
5. Riordan manufacturing will take place as usual.
a. In addition, manufactured products will now be tagged with Radio-frequency identification (RFID).
6. An employee ID will be entered into the inventory PDA to activate it for product inventory additions.
7. The employee will scan product RFIDs into the PDA.
a. Scanning RFIDs will update the inventory automatically.
8. The manufacturing crew may take Riordan’s product to inventory.
Final Product Shipping
- Required Materials: Shipping PDA - Required Personnel: Shipping crew
1. The shipping crew will preload the PDA with the day’s orders from the customer shipping and billing system.
2. An employee ID will be entered into the shipping PDA to active it for shipping.
3. While loading orders based on the PDAs shipping document, RFIDs will be scanned until the shipping document is marked complete.
a. Scanning RFIDs will automatically update the inventory.