Resourcing Talent Essay
|Level |3 |
|Credit value |6 |
|Unit code |3RTO |
|Unit review date |Sept. 2011 |
Purpose and aim of unit
Organisational success …show more content…
On completion of this unit, learners will:
1. Be able to explain the factors that affect an organisation’s talent planning, recruitment and selection policy.
2. Be able to identify appropriate recruitment and selection methods.
3. Be able to contribute to the recruitment and selection interviewing process for a job role.
4. Understand the importance of effective induction.
Indicative content is provided for each of the learning outcomes of the unit. The content is neither prescriptive nor exhaustive but should enable achievement of the learning outcomes.
1. Be able to explain the factors that affect an organisation’s talent planning, recruitment and selection policy. Key factors: organisational context, business objectives and brand; expansion or contraction of the business; restructuring; reasons for staff turnover; succession planning; capacity and capability assessment; talent inventories and management; skill shortages; the benefits of attracting and retaining a diverse workforce; the systematic recruitment cycle; identifying genuine vacancies; choosing the most appropriate style of recruitment and selection for the organisation’s context,