Essay about Quiz Study Guid
1. Are members of the public allowed to speak at local school meetings?
Yes – public members can sign up by calling the board secretary
2. Are state school board members in Colorado elected or appointed?
Board members are elected by all district voters.
3. Are local and state superintendents of schools elected or appointed?
Local superintendents are appointed by local school boards. STATE?
4. What is a BOCES?
Board of Cooperative Educational Services – supply educational services to schools that can’t afford them alone. Services like: special education, tech support, teachers aids, etc.
5. Can charter schools in Colorado hire teachers who do not hold a Colorado …show more content…
22. Who is the current U.S. Secretary of Education?
23. What is the role of the U.S. Department of Education?
The role/mission of the U.S. Department of Education is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness. It does 4 things: establishes policies related to federal educational funding, collects data and oversees research on American schooling, identifies major educational issues, enforces federal laws against discrimination in programs receiving federal funds.
24. Are there limits on the number of charter schools in Colorado? If so, what are they?
There are no limits on the number of charter schools in Colorado.
25. What is the role of the State Board of Education in Colorado?
They provide general supervision of the public schools. Their duties include: providing educational leadership, appointing the Commissioner of Education and the Director of State Board Relations, approves the Department of Education’s budget, makes rules for the Colorado Department of Education, etc.
26. In Colorado, which agency regulates teacher licensure?
The Colorado State Board of Education and Colorado Commission on Higher Education are the agencies designated to review and approve educator