Quiz 2 Study Guide Essay
1. Shame is the soul-deep belief that something is horribly wrong with me that is not wrong with anyone else in the entire world.
*a. True (Wilson, Chapter 1, p.16, para.7) b. False
2. The scars caused by physical abuse are much worse than any emotional scars a victim may experience from abuse.
a. True *b. False (Wilson, Chapter 2, p.27, para.4)
3. The statement—“a strong and direct relationship between chronicity of abuse experienced in childhood and adult abuse potential” (Milner, Robertson, & Rogers, 1990), means that anyone who has ever experienced abuse in childhood will necessarily become a perpetrator of abuse.
a. True *b. …show more content…
a. Children in hurtful families often must play the role of victim throughout life. b. Children in hurtful families often must play the role of rescuer throughout life. c. Rescuers must have or create victims throughout their lives. *d. Victims will never allow themselves to trust the help of a rescuer. (Wilson, Chapter 9, p.133, para.3)
18. According to Wilson, the prophet Jeremiah may have suffered from which of the following?
*a. Approval Addiction (Wilson, Chapter 10, p.150, para.3) b. Alcohol Addiction c. Religious Addiction d. Sexual Addiction
19. Which of the following states IS true?
a. People who have a distorted idea of God have been physically abused. b. People who have a distorted idea of God have been sexually abused. c. People who have a distorted idea of God may have never suffered abuse. *d. Any of the Above. (Wilson, Chapter 12, p.177, para.5)
20. Of the following assertions, which would best characterize Wilson’s position on grace and healing from abuse?
a. The survivor will heal when he/she can understand the definition of grace. *b. The survivor will heal within a group of people who experience grace. (Wilson, Chapter 12, p.188, para.2) c. The survivor will not be able to find healing in a religious setting when the abuse was perpetrated by a