2. How much milk do you think is used up to prepare one pound of butter? More than 21 pounds of milk is consumed for this preparation.
3. Have you heard of Hispanic style soft cheese? You would be surprised to know that it is a variety of cheese which is one of the fastest growing products in the USA.
4. If the milk is white in colour from where does the butter get its yellow colour? It is because of the presence of beta-carotene in milk which is present in the grass eaten by the cows.
5. What should be an average weight of a cow? It is usually around one thousand four hundred pounds and to maintain it …show more content…
We consume about 8 -10 glasses of water in a day. Have you ever thought how much water does a cow need? A cow consumed about 30 -50 gallons of water on a given day.
8. From you, much distance can you smell that aroma of your favourite dish being cooked up? A cow has the ability to catch a smell from a distance of six miles? Too far, isn’t it?
9. Which states in the US do you think are the largest ice cream producing states? California, Pennsylvania, Texas are among the largest ice cream producing states.
10. What came before agriculture or herding cattle for milk? You will be surprised to know that even before agriculture people learnt to herd cattle and drink milk.
11. In ancient times it was thought that drink milk shall make you strong as well as immortal. The kings of ancient Sumer were a witness to this strange belief.
12. Do you know that milk is also known as the food of Gods? In cultures of countries such as India, Greece, Rome, Mongolia and Egypt among others milk has been linked traditional legends and myths.
13. Cow’s milk is the most popular and sought after milk all over the world. However, milk from other mammals such as camels, sheep, horses, goats and buffalo among others are also consumed by