Essay on Population Dynamic Lab Report
Purpose: Analyze graphs to determine the population size of two marine species.
Explain how predation, birth, and death rates impact marine populations.
Describe how biotic and abiotic factors influence marine populations.
Research: 1. Prey Initial Size: The starting number of prey. (Assume that the seals have an unlimited amount of food.)
2. Prey Growth Rate: The birth rate of the prey. The larger the growth rate, the faster the prey population will increase.
3. Predator Initial Size: The starting number of predators.
4. Predator Death Rate: The death rate of the predators. A larger death rate means predators will die out quicker.
5. Capture Efficiency: This number represents the ability of the …show more content…
3. Climate change (an abiotic factor) has slowly decreased habitat for the arctic seals. Predict how a reduction in habitat could change the capture efficiency of the killer whales. How would this