Discuss the words in the box.
o review we have already covered and new you will learn today
Guiding Question: How do the properties of amplitude and frequency affect wavelength?
Start: [pic] 1. Click on the first link
2. For this activity you will be collecting data to explore three properties of a wave.
3. [pic] Explore the simulation with your partner. Be sure to click on all the buttons.
4. For the first set of investigations, we will look at amplitude.
• you need to be on [pic] [pic]
• The rest of your screen should be set up like this:
[pic] [pic]Look over the data table, on the back, and discuss how get …show more content…
If we had used the other options rather than the ring on the pole, the energy at the end would have been much smaller.
6. For this next part we will investigate wavelength.
• You need to be on [pic]
• The rest of your screen should be set up like we did for number 4.
• Try out the [pic] button after you hit pause. This may be useful for collecting data. Data:[pic]
7. [pic]Talk about the wavelength of the two waves you measured. ➢ Discuss how they were similar and how they were different. Despite the change in amplitude these transverse waves had the same wavelength.
➢ Be prepared to share your thoughts with the class.
For the third set of investigations, we will look at frequency.
• you need to be on [pic]
• open both the ruler and timer
• controlled variables: Amplitude and damping should be left on 50 and