2D motion Worksheets
Section 1 (2D Motion Non-Projectiles) 1. Find the westward component of a resultant vector 85.42 unit, 23º W of N.
2. What is the east component of a vector 12.3 m 10.0 º N of E?
3. Calculate the N component of a resultant 32.5 m/s, 35.0 º E of N.
4. You move 26m at an angle of 40.0º W of S. (a) How far south of your starting point are you? (b) How far west are you?
5. Find the resultant of 55.4 units, W and 69.2 units S?
6. What is the resultant of 1,230 m/s, S and 1,450 m/s, N?
7. If you walk 6.00 m, N and 5.00 m E, what is your final location …show more content…
Section 2 Projectiles
1. A ball is kicked 8.0 m/s from a cliff 80m high. How far from the base of the cliff will the stone strike the ground?
2. If you launch a ball, moving horizontally at a speed of 1.12 m/s from a table that is 0.77 m tall, how far out from the table will the launched ball land?
3. A ball was kicked horizontally off a cliff at 15 m/s, how high was the cliff if the ball landed 83 m from the base of the cliff?
4. Josh throws a ball horizontally from the height of his head at 30 m/s. The ball lands 18 meters away, how tall was Josh.
5. A baseball rolls off a 1.20 m high desk and strikes the floor 0.50 m away from the base of the desk. How fast was it rolling?
6. A pelican flying drops a fish from a height of 8.1 m. The fish travels 9.3 m horizontally before it hits the ground. What was the pelican’s speed?
7. If you launch a ball horizontally, moving at a speed of 2.00 m/s from a table that is 1.5 m tall, how far from the base would it land?
When Vo is not 0
8. A football is kicked from ground level at a speed of 20 m/s at an angle of 42°