P1 explain key influences on personal learning processes on individuals.
The Kolbs experimental learning cycle helps us to understand how adults learn. Cognitive abilities are how people learn. Kolbs identified two pairs of opposite factors, when these are combined together they show a learning cycle with four different stages of learning, each staged has to be followed in the correct sequence.
The four stages are:
Concrete experience – the doing stage where you carry out/participate in an action/actions.
Reflective observations – the reviewing or reflecting stage. You think about what you did/what happened during the concrete stage.
Abstract conceptualisation – the concluding stage in relation to …show more content…
• Working with emotions and feelings of others
•Like to experiment/try things out
• Seek feedback from others
• Practical, liking to get on with things rather than talk about them
• Relate things to their own role
• Clear link between thinking and what has to be done
• Opportunity to try things out
• Like new ideas that have clear benefits
• Happy to copy from role models
• Cannot identify the relevance of what has to be done