Oral Health Education Case Study
THE IMPORTANCE OF ORAL HEALTH EDUCATION IN HEALTH CARE DELIVERY(A CASE STUDY OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OJO CATONMENT ,LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA)
1.1 Background to the Study
The importance of oral health care can never be over emphasized, as oral health education has helped people to prevent the occurrences of oral diseases in our societies. Oral health education is necessary to improve individual oral hygiene through the effective communication of oral health education information to individual and the community in general.
The mouth is generally regarded as a gateway to the body through which all body requirements pass through. It is the mouth that initiates digestion of food with the aid of its component such as teeth, saliva, tongue, etc. The oral cavity is designed …show more content…
To determine if there has been an effective oral health education programme in secondary school in Lagos state
2. To determine the level of oral health education awareness in secondary schools.
3. To make recommendations on ways of improving oral health education, thus improving oral hygiene.
1.4 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will enlighten the schools’ authority and the entire society as a whole on the importance of oral health education on health care delivery of the people. This study will also unfold the appropriate techniques for improving the condition of student’s health through oral health education.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Are you aware of oral health education in your school?
2. To what extent will an effective oral health education promote oral hygiene of the students?
3. What impact has oral health education on the oral health care delivery services of the students?
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Ho : There is no significant relationship between oral health education and Health care delivery.
HA: There is significant relationship between oral health education and health care delivery.
1.8 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF