Observation Of A Preschooler 's Cognitive And Language Development
1. While Maddy played with playdough, she pouted and said, “She didn’t ask to touch my playdough.” She looked at the assistant with a sad look on her face.
2. While Maddy continued playing with playdough, she moved towards another student and said, “I am making stars and shapes.” She then pointed her finger at the playdough and said, “This ones orange, this ones brown.”
3. Maddy pointed to an empty bag on the table and said to her friend, “It’s all gone.”
4. Maddy looked at the teacher while she played with her clay. She said, “she has to give it back when she’s done.” She pointed to another student’s playdough.
5. Maddy started to cry when another student wouldn’t share their clay. She said, “I’m not going to play with the playdough anymore!”
6. The teacher told Maddy, “Wash your hands and after go play.” Maddy washed her hands and walked towards the pretend play area.…