Nvq Level 2 - Equality and Diversity - Unit 1 Assessment Essay
Unit 1: Exploring Equality and Diversity
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Name: ANDREA MARCHANT
1. What is meant by diversity?
Diversity literally means difference when it is used as …show more content…
| |religion, faith and culture. |
7. Describe yourself in terms of: • Personal interests • Religion / culture • Geography.
8. What is meant by having multiple identities? Give three examples in relation to people you know.
Multiple identities is when an individual or group may have more than one contributing identify, for example a female of black origin may also be Polish.
Mother, Grandmother, retired, white, female, catholic, Spanish
Colleague, manager, education, friend, cooking and baking, white, Irish,
Neighbour, friend, gardener, smoker, black, music, disabled
9. What is meant by shared identity?
Shared identifies are common needs that unite people, despite our geographical or cultural differences, for example, shared religion, shared interests, similar disabilities.
10. Explain and give examples of how an individual can identify themselves as belonging to a number of different groups.