Essay on None
GNED 1401: Intermediate Composition
Instructor: Sharren Patterson
Identify and correct sentence fragments wherever they occur in the following exercises. Some of these are correct sentences. If the sentence is correct, indicate this by writing a capital "C" beside the sentence.
1. Why she persists in refusing to look for a job.
2. Part-time students assembling to discuss tuition fees.
3. Animals that are abandoned are brought to this shelter in the hope that they will be adopted.
4. In rare cases, cruises beginning in July continue until September.
5. Which I knew about in the first place.
6. What I have always liked about it.
7. …show more content…
6. They had five best-selling singles in the top ten in March 1964 this record has been surpassed by few others.
7. Two movies followed in 1964 and 1965, A Hard Day’s Night and Help, these films were well received, consequently, the group met with increasing financial success.
8. About 100,000 people watched them perform at Shea Stadium in New York during their last tour in 1966, however they decided to give up live performances.
9. Many of the songs the group wrote and performed in the late sixties were considered controversial, for example, “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” was thought to be a song celebrating the use of LSD.
10. Despite their success, and to their fans’ dismay, the Beatles disbanded in 1970, Paul McCartney sued the others in order to break their contract.
Run-on sentences (comma splices and fused sentences)
Correct the run-on sentences in the following student paragraphs, keeping in mind that not all of the sentences are incorrect. Remember that different methods of correction are possible.
A. For decades, we have sent terminally ill patients to the hospital to die. In hospitals, visiting was restricted, patients were isolated, a strict schedule was maintained these