Essay on Nivea
The NIVEA® brand is one of the most recognised skin and beauty care brands in the world.
NIVEA creme was first introduced in 1911 and the NIVEA brand now extends to 14 product ranges worldwide from suncare to facial moisturisers, deodorant and shower products.
In 1980 when Beiersdorf, the international company that owns NIVEA, launched its
NIVEA FOR MEN ® range internationally, it broke new ground with its aftershave balm product. It was the first balm on the market that did not contain alcohol, which can irritate the skin. It proved to be very popular with consumers.
In 1993, NIVEA FOR MEN developed a fuller range of male skincare products. This reflected the growing social acceptance of these products with male …show more content…
Developing a marketing plan
Marketing involves identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer needs. A marketing plan takes the stated aims and objectives and then puts in place a series of marketing activities to ensure those objectives are achieved. Marketing plans can cover any time period, but normally set out activities for the next one to five years at either a business or brand level.
The main sections of the plan cover:
• SWOT and competitive analysis – to assess where the business or brand is currently and what competitors are doing
• objectives – what the plan needs to achieve
• the marketing strategy – how the objectives will be achieved
• sales forecast – by how much sales are likely to increase
• budget – how much the marketing activities will cost and how the plan will be financed
• evaluation – how outcomes will be monitored and measured.
There is no set model for a marketing plan. The structure of the plan – and the amount of detail – will depend on the size of the brand, the timescale involved and how the market and economy is behaving. However, NIVEA’s marketing plan for the