Similarities Between Nike And Tesco
The two businesses that I am researching about are Tesco and Nike which I thought they are really contrasting to each other. Nike is the world's largest supplier and manufacturer of athletic shoes, apparel and other sports equipment whereas Tesco is a British multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer with headquarters in UK. It also operates in 17 different countries which in USA have known as (Fresh and easy).
What is Tesco`s core and peripheral activities? Core activities: The Tesco`s main purpose is to be champion for customers, …show more content…
These peripheral activities are such as Tesco stores, Tesco banks, Tesco mobile, Tesco petrol stations and also one stop stores which are operating under Tesco.
What are Nike`s Core and peripheral activities?
Core activities: Nike`s main activities are to design, develop and manufactory of footwear and apparel which is been really successful in these recent years. http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile/NKE Peripheral activities: The peripheral Nike`s activities can be such as equipment, accessories and services and this allows Nike to increase revenue as well as helping the business to grow and make its scale larger. …show more content…
Also by operating in 17 different countries, the number of stores should be quite high which in this case is (6,809 shops around the world). On the other hand the amount of people that are visiting Tesco each week adds up to 79m people and this is really impressive
3 advantages of being a public limited country:
• One of the advantages of Public Limited Company is limited Liability for shareholders. This conveys that the shareholders financial liability is limited to a fixed sum and on the other hand if a Tesco is sued, then the claimants are suing the company, not its owners or investors.
• Tesco is viewed as a separate legal entity. This means that even if a shareholder(s) leaves the PLC or dies, the business can continue.
• Tesco is able to raise large sums of money because there is no limit to how many shareholders a PLC can have. http://safeshieldllc.com/Public-Limited-Company.aspx 3 disadvantages:
• There must be at least 2 shareholders before the Tesco can be formed.
• Accounts for Tesco must be filed within 6 months of the year’s