• Fuel economy and power of biofuel is less
• Currently more costly
• B100 is not use in low temperatures due to converting gel
Natural Gas: natural gas like methane is cleanest burning alternative fuels. It can be used in the form of compressed natural gas (CNG) or liquefied natural gas (LNG). Application of CNG and LPG are automobile and cooking. Dedicated natural gas vehicles are designed to run on natural gas only, while bi-fuel vehicles can also run on gasoline or diesel. Advantage: Bi-fuel vehicles allow users to the wide-spread availability of gasoline or diesel but use a cleaner, more economical alternative when natural gas is available. Drawback: Since natural …show more content…
Hydrogen is also used in fuel-cell vehicles that run on electricity produced by the petrochemical reaction that occurs when hydrogen and oxygen are combined in the fuel stack. Advantage: No bad emissions. Drawback: Cost and also the lack of fuelling infrastructure and difficulty of putting it in place.
1.2.2Why Use Alternative Fuels:
• To prevented the Environmental Damage
• To prevented the Global Warming
• Minimizing the oil Spills
• To prevent the air Pollution and also the acid Rain
• Health Threat of Fossil Fuel Use
• Maximize the running of vehicles without the use of Oil
• Improve the availability of fuels & minimize the cost of fuel
1.3 Biodiesel is manufacture from a chemical process which is known as transesterification. Chemically biodiesel is referred as mono alkyl esters of long chain fatty acid derived from renewable biological sources. It can be directly used in the compression ignition engine. Biodiesel fuel is a clean burning alternative fuel that comes from 100% renewable …show more content…
In the world, transport takes account of 25% of energy and more than 60% of absorbed oil. That mean alternative fuel is necessary to operate vehicles and reduces dependency of conventional oil.
• Energy Generation: Due to population growth energy consumption is very high in India like both rural and village areas.80% energy supply in India by fossil fuel (coal) to fulfill demand. Biodiesel is good alternative to reduce dependency of fossil fuel.
• Clean Oil Spills and Grease: Biodiesel refineries occur from vegetable and animal, then releases less toxic product and bio fuel called environment friendly. biofuel can also help to clean up oil spills and grease.
• Lubrication: Diesel fuel is required to reduce the sulphur concentration as sulphur provides the most lubricity of fuel. This is important when it comes to keeping the engine properly functioning and to avoid premature infection failure.
• Boiler Fuel: With natural gas price increasing rapidly day to day, biodiesel can be substituted easily for natural gas with minor changes necessary to the burner