Essay on national quality standards
National quality standard definition; ‘the national quality standard is the benchmark for the quality of early childhood education and care in Australia.’
National Quality Standard (NQS) is the main aspect of the NQF which sets a national standard for early childhood education and care, and also outside school hours care services in Australia. It aims to promote;
The safety, health and wellbeing of children
A focus on achieving outcomes for children through high quality educational programs
Families understanding of what distinguishes a quality service
The national quality standard (NQS) has been introduced to make sure that children enjoy great possible surroundings in …show more content…
1. The family day care educator will communicate with parent/s/families about the child’s daily intake and amount produced of food and fluids.
2. Food and beverages will be provided on a regular basis throughout the day.
3. Children’s right to choose foods and to feed themselves will be respected at all times.
4. The educator will encourage children to eat and drink at the table to promote hygiene and safe eating practices.
5. Children will be assisted and encouraged when developing self-help skills and becoming independent.
Policy: The family day care educator will protect children from the dangerous and adverse effects of sun exposure.
1. Before planning outdoor activities, the family day care educator will make sure there is availability of shade.
2. Family day care educator will ask permission from parent/s/family to apply sunscreen in case of any allergic reaction.
3. Sunscreen of SPF 30+ must be reapplied every 2 hours.
4. Hats are recommended when going outdoors; if hats have any cords remove if possible or ensure they are not a choking hazard.
5. Family day care educators will model sun safe practices.
Policy: Family day care educator will ensure the needs for sleep and rest of children are met, based on their age, developmental and individual