67. With reference to cultural and ethical issues, the World Trade Organization has a. succeeded in providing equal protection of intellectual property among nations b. made progress in providing equal protection of intellectual property among nations c. phased out all trade and tariff barriers between the United States and Mexico d. eliminated slave labor and child labor e. played little role in addressing cultural and ethical issues among nations
68. Which of the following is true about business strategies? a. An organization should stick with its strategy for the life of the business. b. All firms within an industry will adopt the same …show more content…
employee involvement c. benchmarking d. centralized decision-making authority e. none of the above; a successful TQM program incorporates all of the above
186. Which of the following statements regarding "Six Sigma" is true? a. The term has two distinct meanings—one is statistical; the other is a comprehensive quality system. b. Six Sigma means that about 94 percent of a firm's output is free of defects. c. The Six Sigma program was developed by Toyota in the 1970's. d. The Six Sigma program is for manufacturing firms, and is not applicable to services. e. Six Sigma certification is granted by the International Standards Organization (ISO).
187. Building high-morale organizations and building communication networks that include employees are both elements of a. ISO 9000 certification b. Six Sigma certification c. employee empowerment d. Taguchi methods e. the tools of TQM
188. ISO 9000 seeks standardization in terms of a. products b. production procedures c. suppliers' specifications d. procedures to manage quality e. all of the