Mr Jmhbic Essay
Tomato & Chickpea Soup
* 1/4 cup minced garlic * 3/4 t. salt * 2 T. olive oil * 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed * 3 cups crushed tomatoes, with juice * 1 8-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained * 3 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
1. In a medium-large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and add the garlic. Stirring constantly, cook until the garlic is softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Allow soup to cool slightly. Working in batches, process 1/2 of the soup in a blender until creamy. Return the pureed mixture …show more content…
1. In a large pot, combine the broth, potatoes, onion, celery, garlic and bouillon, and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until that potatoes are tender. Drain the vegetables, reserving the liquid. Place the vegetables and 1 cup of the liquid in a blender or food processor, working in batches if necessary, and process until the mixture is smooth but some pieces of potato still remain. Return the puree to the pot, stirring to combine, and simmer the soup over low heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the margarine over medium-high until just melted. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, or until the flour smells slightly toasty but is not burned. Continuing to whisk constantly, gradually add the almond milk, cooking until the mixture is slightly thickened to the consistency of a cream sauce. Add the mixture to the simmering soup and stir until just combined. Heat until desired temperature and consistency, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
* 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast * 6 cups water * 1 large onion, chopped * 2 stalks celery, chopped * 1 cup chopped carrot * 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped * 1/4 cup chopped parsley * 1/2 t. black pepper, plus more to taste * 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock * 2 T. olive oil * 2 T. all-purpose flour *