Mkt 571 Final Exam Essay
1) Which of the following is most closely associated with a proactive marketing orientation?
A. It involves delivering superior value.
B. It is about understanding and meeting customers’ expressed needs.
C. It represents the “make and sell" philosophy.
D. The marketer focuses on the customers’ latent or hidden needs.
2) Marketing __________ is the art and science of choosing target markets and getting, keeping, and growing customers through creating, delivering, and communicating superior customer value.
3) Business buyers ______________.
A. are geographically as diverse as consumers
B. tend to be geographically concentrated with over half …show more content…
D. differentiation qualities
16) For $15 a day, Chlena will go to your home and feed, water, and play with your pet while you are on vacation. The service Chlena provides is an example of a _____________.
A. tangible good with accompanying service
C. pure service
D. major service with accompanying minor goods and services
17) Mr. Tse and his family took a vacation to Washington, D.C. While there, they bought souvenirs; t-shirts and hats to take home to family and friends who didn’t have the opportunity to go. The experience of the Tse family is an example of which offering?
A. A tangible good with accompanying services
B. A hybrid
C. A pure service
D. A major service with accompanying minor goods and services
18) Best Buy will often try to sell the buyer of a high-end television monitor an extended warranty. This is an example of _______________.
A. pure tangible good
B. tangible good with accompanying services
D. pure service
19) The introduction of a new product to the market using market-penetration pricing is most likely to be successful when _____________.
A. the unit costs of producing a small volume of the product are high
B. there must be no existing demand for the product
C. the market is highly price sensitive
D. the high price communicates nothing to potential buyers
20) A __________ pricing objective is suitable for a company that has overcapacity, intense