MID TERM STUDY GUIDE Essay
1. An invention that provoked a new idea of adulthood was: (4)
a. The combustible engine
b. The telephone
c. The printing press ***
d. The computer
2. In the 17th century two people who thought that children should be treated with thought and care were: (5)
a. Locke and Rousseau ***
b. Rogers and Maslow
c. Dixon and Binet
d. Freud and Freud
3. Adults may underestimate children’s ability to: (7)
c. Recognize reality
d. All of the above ***
4. Family conditions that promote resilience include: (11)
a. few alternative caretakers.
b. older mothers for resilient males.
c. opportunities to participate***
d. a strong sense of political commitment.
5. According to your …show more content…
4. Discuss the categories and give examples of community services for children
5. List five career options you have in counseling. What are the educational requirements for each and in what setting would you be employed?
6. Draw the counseling focus scale and provide samples for each quadrant.
7. List the five categories of counseling problems for children. Provide definitions and examples for each.
1. In the three columns below, match the developmental stages of Erikson's model of personal development with the developmental tasks associated with that stage and the intervention needed for an individual at that stage. Each step should have one answer from the task and one answer from the intervention.
a. Stage I – Birth to age 1 ½
b. Stage II – Age 1 ½ to 3
c. Stage III – Ages 3 to 6
d. Stage IV – Ages 6 to 11
e. Stage V – Ages 12 to 18
f. Stage VI, VII & VIII – Adult ages
Learn a variety of skills to find a place in the adult world
Need to know who they are and how their roles will fit into their future
Intimacy through sharing in a close friendship
Need to develop initiative as opposed to guilt
Develop trust in their environment and in their caregivers
Control over self and environment
Finding identify through groups, courses, or special abilities
Setting goals and