Medical Records At South Carolina Heart Center Case Analysis
• Assist in answering the telephones in a polite and efficient manner
• Receive, sort, and distribute mail appropriately
• File nuclear charts in filing area
• Operate designated equipment in …show more content…
Analyze, retrieve, and scan needed HIM records in order to facilitate completeness of patient chart for scheduled office visits.
• Contact appropriate areas to obtain needed information such as: Cath films and CDs. Use ProvLink, Baptist Link, LexLink or CDM to obtain needed hospital information and office procedures.
• Follow established policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the HIMS Department.
• Must be able to understand various reports and place them in the appropriate categories in ICS.
• Abstract data from reports into the Electronic Medical Record. Report examples: Echo vascular Nuclear, risk factors, procedures, PV diagnostic, etc.
• Provides administrative/clerical/technical support as assigned.
See (Appendix …show more content…
Some systems at SCHC users interact with directly includes GPMS, Allscripts, Soarian (Syngo), InteliChart, Dragon, and ICS. Then, there are the back-end programs such as MARS, VM, PACS system, and OpenLink to that mediates those directed programs (Appendix R). Group Practice Management System (GPMS) also known as IDX or patient management system are used by the schedulers and front desk of all the locations. GPMS tracks the physician schedule as well as the patient schedules. Allscripts is another scanning system used before ICS. It is only used by the billing department because of the electronic filing cabinet component that came as a software. Soarian (Syngo) is the system used by the radiologists to capture images of the heart along with tests to convert to NextGen. InteliChart is the system that allows patients to enter patient portal. One system the physicians use for dictation is called Dragon. Dragon is a speech recognition system that dictates directly into NextGen the EHR. The physician at South Carolina Heart Center use Dragon to report the Office Notes of the patient. Dragon can be accessed anywhere by calling the direct telephone line and pressing the physician’s two digit pin and two digit work type (Appendix F). ICS is the scanning software that accompanies