Marketing Assignment: Actual Case Study: Starbucks
Instructor: Mr Tom Wall Section #: _25___
Assignment #2: Actual Case Study - Starbucks Coffee
1. The main or primary product that Starbuck's sells or distributes is …show more content…
The strategic factors that account for Starbucks' long-term success in building its brand equity are as follows: • creating and retaining a large, highly skilled, well-educated, optimistic and brand-passionate workforce; • a handcrafted, uniquely-blended line of espresso and single- origin bean coffees (30 or more) as well as numerous related or spin-off products, such as TAZO Teas, bottled Frappuccino cold coffee drinks and their own DoubleShot (energy beverage?); • an exclusive line of Barista-inspired Starbucks home espresso machines, coffee brewers and grinders; • licensing agreements for its products with a number of other companies, such as Pepsi-Co, Kraft Foods, Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream, Inc., Jim Beam Brands, etc. • a sizable core of "raving fans" or extremely loyal, …show more content…
6. The advantages of the Starbucks Card to the company and its customers were given in this study as follows, even though am not sure these still apply today:
• it is/was reloadable, had a stored value that could be used at just about any Starbucks store or counter;
• it could be reloaded with the necessary funds either through the corporate website or any Starbucks retail location.
• it was hugely successful back in '08 when there were 27 million + of these cards in use and over $400 million in sales during the first quarter of that same year.
• due to the initial "smashing success," Starbucks decided to launch the prepaid card internationally, starting with major rollouts in Greece & Japan.
7. As far as overall recommendations or strategies that I would have or make to improve Starbucks' competitive position in the current cluttered coffee drinking segment would be to do all or some of the following:
• possibly take a look at (that is, do more market research!) some other products or services that their competitors have sold