Management Information Systems Test Bank: 1 True-False Questions
C) systems analysts with proven backgrounds in sociological concerns rate and compare a system's social and technical aspects.
D) all of the above.
3 Fill in the Blanks
1) ________ refers to the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to achieve specific targets within specified budget and time constraints.
Answer: Project management
2) A(n) ________ contains a statement of corporate goals and specifies how information technology will support the attainment of those goals.
Answer: information systems plan
3) In portfolio analysis, low benefit, ________ risk systems should be avoided.
4) A(n) ________ is a method for deciding among alternative systems based on a system of ratings for selected objectives.
Answer: scoring model
5) ________ benefits are those than can be quantified and assigned a monetary value.
6) ________ methods rely on measures of cash flows into and out of the firm.
Answer: Capital …show more content…
Answer: change agent
4 Essay Questions
1) Define project management. List and describe the project management activities and variables addressed by project management.
Answer: Project management refers to the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to achieve specific targets within specified budget and time constraints. Project management activities include planning the work, assessing the risk, estimating and acquiring resources required to accomplish the work, organizing the work, directing execution, and analyzing the results. Project management must deal with five major variables: • Scope: defines what work is or is not included in a project • Time: the amount of time required to complete the project • Cost: based on the time to complete a project multiplied by the cost of the human resources required to complete the project. • Quality: an indicator of how well the end result of a project satisfies the objectives specified by management • Risk: refers to potential problems that would threaten the success of a