Major Summary: Buyer Supplier Relationship In The Retail Industry
1. From the AHP it is shown that the parameters are divided in four categories from that Buyer Supplier relationship is at First Rank by 49% Vendor development is on second rank by 22% Supply Chain Department functions are on Third position by 19% and organizational policies are on Fourth position by 7%
2. It is found from the above study that comparatively having minor difference with Retail sector industry as general information of organization is having variance as 0.07, Employees individual perception of job is 0.05, Role of management in employees welfare is 0.10, Basic component of SCM is 0.02, Buyer Supplier Relationship is 0.03 and Vendor development is 0.01. Manufacturing Industries are more focused in mentoring …show more content…
SCM policies are well planned and focused in manufacturing industries compare to Retail industries as they are having concern only in the stipulated area of working and region.
7. Organizational culture is better and healthy in manufacturing SCM than Retail SCM to maintain the better environmental conditions in organization.
8. The basic components of SCM department plays important role in understanding the functions of SCM that are communicated well to the employees in manufacturing industries than Retail industries so the performance will get improved which add the fluent and flexible working in an organization.
9. Buyer Supplier relationship is too crucial to have the better control over the problems and challenges in SCM which arises due to the variations and fluctuations in the market.
10. In buyer supplier relationships the functional and important part is the trust, which will give better confidence in working because the placing order, to fulfill the order, raw material procurement …show more content…
Retail industries have to think on the facilities given to the employees to get the better performance from them.
4. Retail industries should focus on the organizational culture which they are adopting to improve the environment of the organization.
• It is interesting to note that the findings go well with the general perception about manufacturing and Retail industries. There is hardly any competition among employees in the manufacturing industries and at the same time each position is respected for the post more than the person.
• However, in the Retail sector industries, where there is competition where there is a lot of stress, a caring culture and growth & advancement obviously call for more engagement and therefore that effects on the performance of the employees.
• The same explanation holds true for explaining why job satisfaction is a unique factor with manufacturing industry and why commitment towards performance and feedback on participation are unique factors with Retail sector industry as regards winning Employee Engagement is concerned. Hence, it is recommended that both Retail Sector Industry and manufacturing Industry learn from each other so that in either case Employee Engagement con be