1. Number of people visiting the website?
2. Number of unique visitors recorded?
3. How they got to know about their website?
4. Time spent on the website and on which part?
5. Users Search Criteria?
All the above information can be used by the e commerce companies to know about their user’s interest and can make some attractive recommendations to the users which helps to improve their business. Using web analytics will also help the website administrators to understand their website’s performance and on which part of the website there is more traffic, etc.
Web analytics provides these …show more content…
Following scenarios may give an idea on how unique visitor concept is applicable in web analytics:
1. Suppose a user visits page 1 and the same user visits page 2 , then the number of visitors of the site when tracked should be only 1 but not 2 visitors since the same visitor is accessing different pages. This would allow the accurate data to be analyzed.
2. Suppose a visitor is accessing the site in different times in a set of time period. If you want to calculate the number of visitors in that time visitor should be one but the number of visits may be different.
3. Take for example the following three scenarios:
When looking at a report for a given day, all of the information for that day has been aggregated. This means, if a visitor comes to the site, leaves, and comes back again, we have only counted them as a single visitor.
If we look at a weekly report, and if the example visitor has been to the site on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this report will have aggregated that data so that they appear only as a single