Essay on Like water for chocolate
November 10, 2013
January and February Like Water For Chocolate
1. Who is narrating the story?
Tita’s great niece is narrating the story.
2. What happened to bring on Mama Elena’s early delivery of Tita?
Tita was crying while Mama Elena was chopping onions one day and this caused the early delivery of Tita.
3. Where was Tita born?
Tita was born in the kitchen.
4. How come it was not necessary to slap Tita on the bottom at birth?
Tita didn’t need to be slapped on the bottom because she was already crying.
5. Why did Tita feel a deep love for the kitchen?
Tita feels love for the Kitchen because she was brought up in the kitchen by Nacha, who was the house cook.
6. Explain what …show more content…
Pedro decides to marry Rosaura because Mama Elena refused his proposal and instead offered Rosaura’s hand. Pedro also he accepted the marriage to Rosaura because it is the only way to be close to Tita.
5. What is the significance of the color white?
The color of white signifies purity.
6. Describe the elaborate banquet Tita prepared for Rosuara’s wedding.
The family had decided to serve capons at Pedro and Rosaura’s wedding because they would impress everyone with the quality of the dinner, as much for the amount of work required in their preparation as for the extraordinary flavor of the birds themselves” (26).
7. How was Mama Elena able to obtain the French silk for Rosaura’s wedding?
Mama Elena was able to obtain the French silk by a chinaman who dealt in smuggled goods.
8. Who is the chinaman? How was he able to become a millionaire during the revolution?
The chinaman accepted notes issued by the revolutionary army in the North as payment for the merchandise he sold in the capital. He became a millionaire because In the North, he accepted the notes in the capital at low value, of course, and so he spent the entire revolution, until he wound up a