Essay about Law of Conservation of Mass
Law of Conservation of Mass
The purpose of the Law of conservation of Mass lab is for me to attempt to verify the Law of Conservation of Mass.
Acid Base Neutralization
1. Using 2 modified, beral pipettes fill pipet an about 1/5 full of white vinegar and pipette B about 1/5 full of 1.0 M NaOh (sodium hydroxide).
2. Place the 2 Pipets on the beam balance and read and record the total mass of the 2 pipets.
3. Carefully telescope the stem of pipet A into the stem of pipette B without spilling any liquid.
4. Mix the solutions by gently squeezing the bulb of pipette A into pipet B. Record any observations.
5. Place the apparatus on the beam balance and record the final …show more content…
Data and Observations
Acid Base Neutralization Formation of A Precipitate Formation of a Gas mass of pipets w/ Vinegar and NaOh not mixed (g) mass of pipets w/vinegar and NaOh solution (g) mass of pipets w/lead acetate and potassium iodide not mixed (g) mass of pipets w/lead acetate and potassium iodide solution (g) mass of open bottle w/ water and cap of 1/4 alka seltzer (g) not mixed mass of sealed bottle w/ water and alka seltzer (g) mass of re tighten sealed bottle with solution of water and alka seltzer (g)
5.5g 4.8g 6.75g 6g 50g 50g 50g
Acid Base Neutralization Formation of a Precipitate Formation of A gas
Observations when the chemical combine they turn a dark pink color the mixed chemicals seem to disperse from one another when the chemicals combine they form a yellow powdery substance when the water and alka seltzer combine the substance turns acidic and it evaporates
1. beral pipets
2. bottles with caps
3. granulated cylinder
4. beam balance
5. White vinegar, phenolphthaelin, 1M NaOh (sodium hydroxide), .1M Pb (C2H3O2) 2 (lead acetate), .1M (potassium iodide) alka seltzer tablets
Calculations and questions:
The mass difference of the initial and final