ISS 418 Lab 7 and 8 Essay
1. What is the command to view the current Linux Kernel parameters?
The command that will allow you to see the Kernel parameters is sysctl –a.
2. What command can you run to list all the kernels available parameters one screen at a time with the ability to move forward and backwards on the output?
The command that would you to do accomplish this would be the less /proc/modules
3. What is the purpose of enabling syncookies in the Linux Kernel?
The purpose of enabling syncookies in the Linux Kernel is to help prevent a type of DoS attack by dropping connection which can lead to additional SYN messages.
4. When you want to enable a Linux Kernel command and enable it immediately without a physical …show more content…
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. Explain the following command: rpm -qf /bin/ls
The rpm –qf /bin/ls will show you the output and determine what package that /bin/ls file belongs to.
2. Discuss the purpose of a software repository as it relates to YUM.
Software repositories are either a free or license based servers that allow malware free packages and software available for download and install. With an easy command a users is able to connect to these servers and download CUPS or pearl scripting packaging for example.
3. How can one ensure