Input Devices Essay
1. Where does the name QWERTY keyboard come from ? The name QWERTY comes from the first six letters on the top row of the alphabet keys.
2. Why do think the QWERTY keyboard is the most popular method of data entry? The QWERTY keyboard is the most popular method of entering data because an easy way of usage and when you get used to it you start typing faster
3. Who might make use of a concept keyboard? A concept keyboard might be used by a fast food restaurant and primary schools…
4. What are the benefits of using a concept keyboard ? The benefits of using a concept keyboard
5. Explain why a mouse often called a pointing device A mouse is often called a pointing device because it …show more content…
13. Explain how OMR is used to help mark text papers. they detect the presence of your pencil mark by reflecting light onto it. Less light is reflected where a mark has been made.
13.a) Why do credit cards have a magnetic strip on the back?
The magnetic strip can hold personal details about the card number such as account number and name. The strip can contain up to 60 characters, stored magnetically. b) What is used to read the information from the magnetic strip ?
To read the data on the card, it is 'swiped' through a Magnetic Stripe Reader machine and the data is read and fed back to the computer. c) What are some of the problems with this method of data storage? • Very limited storage capacity for data • Data can be easily destroyed by strong magnetic fields • Not always secure as thieves can obtain the readers and read the data on the card.
14.a) What device is used to capture the barcodes on products?
A barcode reader is used to capture the barcodes on products b) Explain why the price isn’t stored on the barcode
Because there are millions of curriencies around the world and the price would be stored on the company data base
15. Which input device would you suggest for the following situations:
|Writing a story for homework