Informative Essay example
Speech Communication 1113
This assignment requires that you identify and analyze the most effective and least effective elements of your informative speech.
Approximate time needed to complete assignment: 2 hours
1. View the video recording of your informative speech, paying specific attention to the effectiveness/ineffectiveness of the content and delivery elements listed below. CHOOSE ONLY FROM THE ELEMENTS LISTED BELOW.
Informative Content Elements
Attention-getter: Captured the audience’s attention in the opening statement while introducing the topic.
Credibility: Established credibility by communicating personal interest and research …show more content…
* how you used the element in your speech to connect with the audience,
* why you believe it was effective,
* be sure to cite in your paragraph specific examples you heard and saw while watching the video to support your opinion of the element’s effectiveness.
4. Select two content elements AND two delivery elements listed above that, in your opinion, were least effective in connecting with your audience and creating interest and knowledge in the topic.
5. Write a 100-word paragraph for each element that describes:
* how you used the element in your speech,
* why you believe it was ineffective
* how you would change the element if you were giving the speech again to this same audience,
* be sure to cite in your paragraph specific examples you heard and saw while watching the video to support your opinion of the element’s ineffectiveness
SUMMARY: This section of the assignment will have eight (8) 100-word paragraphs, first effective content element, second effective content element, first effective delivery element, second effective delivery element, first ineffective content element, second ineffective content element, first ineffective delivery element, and second ineffective delivery element.
ASSIGNMENT BEGINS ON