Informative Speech Essay

1425 Words Apr 10th, 2012 6 Pages
Title: “Everything is Bigger in Texas, Even the Attractions.”
Purpose: After listening to my speech, the audience will be more educated on Texas’s roadside attractions, as well as relate to the sites I will discuss in my presentation.
Thesis: We Texans know that our states attractions stand out more than all the other states, because Texas is the only place where you can have a 72-ounce steak in Amarillo, tour a museum filled with decorative toilet seats in San Antonio, and feed a beer-drinking goat in Lajitas.
Introduction:
Have you ever been on a family trip and wondered if there was anything fun to do? Of course you have, who hasn’t? Well, if you are traveling across Texas, there are hundreds of places for you to tour, sit
…show more content…
In true Texas spirit, Bob decided to create a place that would satisfy the world’s hunger for good steaks and the ambiance of the Old West. He had no idea in those early days that he was destined to become a part of the Texas legends and lore that he loved.
2. According to Time Magazine Reporter Megan Friedman, “The Big Texan Steakhouse is one of the state’s top 5 attractions and ranks among the top 50 in the nation.” B. The Historic 72-oz steak competition
1. The Free 72-oz. steak came to life not long after Bob Lee opened the doors to the Big Texan Steak Ranch. One day a cowboy came through the front door bragging that he was so hungry he could “eat the whole darned cow.”

2. Bob put the first one-pound steak on the grill and the contest was on.
a. When the cowboy finally yelled, “calf-rope” he had consumed 4½ pounds of tasty Texas beef.
b. Bob vowed from that day forward the dinner would be served “free” to anyone who could complete it in one hour.
3. Since then, over 10,000 people from all around the world have traveled to Amarillo and attempted to eat the specially cut 72-oz. top sirloin steak, a baked potato, salad, dinner roll and shrimp cocktail.
4. Of the mere 7% of the individuals hungry enough to complete the task in a mere 60 minutes, only 14 people have taken on the challenge twice and successfully accomplished the feat. The remaining 93% of people who fell short of the “steak

Related Documents