Marketing Ethics Essay
Marketing transcends the familiar concepts of …show more content…
• Transparency: Any techniques to manipulate and hide facts and information customers need could harm a company.
• Ethical Pricing: Gathering data about your target market will give you information on how much they are willing to pay for your product. The rest of the pricing strategy, in a simplified manner, should be based on overhead costs and supply and demand.
• Respecting Customer Privacy: When customers trust enough to allow you access to their information, selling it to lead companies or obtaining prospective customers’ information without permission is unethical and breaks trust.
A sustainable competitive advantage is one of the main benefits of ethical marketing. The Canadian Institute of Marketing emphasized several advantages that can be procured once an organization engages in ethical marketing practices:
• Consumers are increasingly willing to support organizations and brands that are ethical.
• Ethical practices increase the corporate image and reputation of the organization.
• Ethical practices increase the share value and even the shareholder base.
• Less pressure from external stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
• A sound cororate brand and product