Ict Notes Essay
* Two Interfaces within a computing environment * CLI- Command Line Interface
-Dos, Unix ,Linux. Advantage: Less Energy consumption
Disadvantage: Lots of commands to remember…..
* GUI- Graphical User Interface
-Windows, Apple, Unix. Advantage: User Friendly -WIMP Environment (Window,Icon,Menu,Pointer)
Disadvantage: Uses a lot of energy
Types Of Programming Languages:
* Procedural Programming Languages:
-Uses a number of Tasks called procedures
-Modularisation (small chunks of code) -Easy to see any errors/ Debug …show more content…
Note: Hardware peripherals would not be able to communicate with the OS without these files.
* Updates. * DLL files.
* To manage finances.(SAGE) * To present information to an audience.(PPT) * To create and manipulate images.(Photoshop) * To manage projects.(MS Project) * To design products.(CAM)
* General Purpose Software Note: Also called Off The Shelf Software
Note: Also called Off The Shelf Software
Software that can be used for many different tasks. Anyone can buy general purpose software, so it is designed to meet the needs of a wide range of users. * Ready-Made * Can Be Installed Immediately * Sold as a Complete Package * Bought through the high street, internet or mail order supplier. * Bespoke Software Bespoke software is custom made to meet the needs of a single organisation. * Large business like a bank may employ software developers Note: