Human Resources Questions Essay
a. units of output can be easily measured.
b. the quality of the product is critical.
c. the job is fairly standardized.
d. a constant flow of work can be maintained.
2. States are permitted to enact legislation prohibiting compulsory union membership as a condition of employment under:
a. Wagner Act
b. Railway Labor Act
c. Taft-Hartley Act
d. Landrum-Griffin Act
3. The requirements for federal contractors to take steps to ensure a drug-free workplace is found in:
a. the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
b. the Drug-Free Workplace Act.
c. Executive Order 11246.
d. the …show more content…
d. worker's compensation payments frequently accompany cumulative trauma disorder
23. Perhaps the most critical concern for a successful pay-for-performance system is the _____.
a. popularity of the system among employees
b. time devoted to explaining the system
c. amount of money allocated for annual salary increases
d. legality of the system
24. Louis, a union organizer, seeks to organize a firm with 120 truck drivers. What minimum number of signed authorization cards will Louis need before the National Labor Relations Board will hold a representation election?
25. A major concern of executive compensation involves:
a. timing of the bonus.
b. the amount of compensation.
c. the lack of perquisites.
d. lack of objective market data.
26. A pension plan where contributions are made jointly by employees and employers is referred to as a:
a. contributory plan
b. noncontributory plan
c. defined-benefit plan
d. defined-contribution plan
27. Transnational teams tend to be:
a. focused on projects that span multiple countries.
b. comprised of members with generalized skills.
d. comprised of members from the same region.