Human Resource Management Essay
JOB TITLE: CHIEF CONTENT OFFICER
Chief Executive Officer/Chief Operating Officer (smaller enterprise) or Chief Marketing Officer/VP of Marketing (larger enterprise)
The Chief Content Officer (CCO) oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates with the departments of public relations, communications, marketing, customer service, IT and human resources …show more content…
• Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
• Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
• Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
• Conducting periodic competitive audits.
• Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
• Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
• Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
• Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
• Work closely with company’s Chief Design Officer on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
The CCO is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the